The ROAR programme is for all students who aspire to attend a world class university. ROAR stands for 'Russell Group of Alternative Ready'. During the programme these aspirations are turned into expectations. Beyond the term long programme, ROAR graduates enter the ROAR club which involves activities, visitors and trips that continue to reinforce the message that SEA students should be aiming for the very best in high education. We are supported by our main sixth form college partners; St John Rigby, Carmel and Winstanley.
To educate and inspire higher ability students about Russell Group Universities and other high quality alternative pathways. The programme will look to raise the aspirations of the students and their parents through a course of challenge, inspiring speakers and project based learning. The programme will endeavour to heighten the self-confidence of our students so that they do not just aspire for the best futures but they come to expect them through knowledge and hard work.
- Cohorts of 20
- Selective process – students invited to apply with application form and letter
- The programme will last for 1 term
- Research project based upon a critical question
- Lessons in effective formal writing (e.g. referencing, citing sources, using the library and developing an argument)
- Critical thinking sessions
- Guest speakers for students and parents
- VIVAs to complete the project
- Exhibition event to complete the programme
- University speakers
- University visit following completion of the programme
Year 7 ROAR
Year 8 ROAR