St Edmund Arrowsmith Catholic High School Governing Body
The role of a school governor is demanding but very rewarding and is a good way to give back to your local community. School governing bodies are responsible for working with school to ensure that it delivers a good quality education. Together with the Headteacher, who is responsible for day-to-day management, they set the school's aims and policies.
Key roles of Governors:
- To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- To hold the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- To oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent
They also carry out a number of other important duties, which include:
- Determining how the school's budget is spent
- Staff recruitment
- Hearing appeals and grievances
- Forming policy on the school's curriculum and collective worship
- Setting standards for students' behaviour and discipline
- Making sure school buildings are welcoming and safe
- Setting and monitoring the school's aims and policies
Governing Body Self Evaluation (2020-21)
Governing Body Constitution 2021-22
Governing Body Attendance 2020-21
Parent Governor Application Process - 6 September 2021
We wish to appoint a new Parent Governor to our Governing Body and a letter was sent out to parents requesting nominations. A copy of the letter and nomination form are attached below.
Parent Governor Vacancy
If you have any questions about being a Parent Governor, please do not hesitate to contact the Clerk to Governors (Mrs P Lennon - PLennon@arrowsmith.wigan.sch.uk) who will be happy to help.