Where does it lead?
The Personal Development Curriculum aims to reinforce and develop positive attitudes and values in pupils and thereby enhance their personal and social development. Any such experiences will specifically enable pupils to:
- Recognise and appreciate individual values, priorities, strengths, weaknesses, interests and abilities in oneself and others.
- To develop a realisation of their own potential and prospects and make a positive contribution.
- To raise awareness and understanding of ethnic and cultural differences.
- To appreciate the need for critical evaluation of aims in life and the need to constantly evaluate progress.
- To appreciate the need for adequate safety precautions.
- To develop self-awareness, self-confidence and the ability to work with others.