The Governors of the school are the Admissions Authority and, as such determine how places in the school are allocated. The school has a Planned Admission Number (PAN) of 240 and it is the intention to ensure that all year groups achieve their PAN. In the case of oversubscription, the Governors will apply the published oversubscription criteria. This is available within the school-published Admissions Policy.
The school exists to serve the Catholic Communities of Ashton, Bryn, Haydock, Stubshaw, Platt Bridge, Hindley, Hindley Green and Winstanley. As such it is a preferred and popular destination for Catholic children attending:
- St Oswald's Catholic Primary School, Ashton
- Our Lady Immaculate Catholic Primary School, Bryn
- English Martyrs' Catholic Primary School, Haydock
- St Wilfrid's Catholic Primary School, Stubshaw Cross
- Holy Family Catholic Primary School, Platt Bridge
- St Benedict's Catholic Primary School, Hindley
- Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Hindley Green
- St Aidan's Catholic Primary School
In addition the school has been able to admit children from Lowton, Golborne and Newton le Willows in recent years.
The admission process is managed by the School Placements Department at Wigan Council (Telephone number 01942 489013). This includes admission into Year 7 in September and all mid-year admissions.
Any query about the admissions process or about availability of places in the school should be directed to the school in the first instance.
Do you need help finding which Catholic school serves your parish? Click this link and type in your postcode to see the result.